Our client is a multi-generational, billion-dollar consumer product company with roots stretching back over 40 years. Recognized as the #1 seller of their products in North America by leveraging their unique and collaborative omnichannel network, this organization has earned multiple awards including "Best Places to Work" and "Overall Best Brand". They truly hold to their core value of serving every level of stakeholder, from customers and team members to franchisees and distributors. The team is comprised of self-driven – but not self-centric – professionals who thrive in an innovative and entrepreneurial culture that rewards team players over individuals.
This position will have full ownership of Ecommerce Strategy for the organization. This an exciting opportunity to build from the ground up and have direct accountability for the transformation of an iconic brand.
Location: Dallas, TX or remote (if remote, 20% travel to Dallas to interface with team post pandemic)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with executive leadership to orchestrate all aspects of a strategic ecommerce plan. Combine existing expertise in sales, marketing, technology and management to deliver a superior brand and shopping experience for all customers.
- Oversee the ecommerce website of a brand on all eCommerce platforms. Manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Be a key component in developing the effective planning and execution of an ecommerce strategy, working cross-functionally with teams to ensure QA and timely publishing of all web content.
- Participate in building and directing a team of ecommerce professionals that can effectively help develop and execute creative ecommerce solutions.
- Direct integrated campaigns that will deliver an increase in conversion rates, overall order size and managing margin performance across a variety of product lines.
- Own and manage Internet marketing solutions, social media integration, SEO and other monitoring methodologies and analytics.
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and process optimization initiatives such as implementing ecommerce software and other industry best practices.
- Identify new areas of ecommerce opportunity beyond current brand offering.
- Lead the market analysis and communications strategies
- Participate in the development of marketing and digitalization strategies
- Select, manage and be a point-of-contact for external agencies
- Set budgets, forecasts and report key financials regarding performance to executive management team
- Identify and assess new ideas for digitalization of the marketing messaging and identify new opportunities to ensure the company remains on the leading edge of marketing and digital technology
- Lead omni-channel digital marketing initiatives across different devices and channels including SEM, Display & Retargeting on Amazon
- Consistently evaluate current agency vendors and develop resource plans to support needs
- Teach, coach and lead marketing team on best practices for media testing, reporting, conversion rate optimization and analysis to identify key levers and opportunities for growth on all Amazon platforms
- Serve as a leader to inspire growth and nurture an open-communication culture across the organization
- Contribute to the company’s overall growth strategy and vision, including contributing to new product development plans
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and emerging trends in marketing, technology and e-commerce
- 10+ years of entrepreneurial experience
- Understanding of category and industry
- Evidenced desire to continuously learn and improve knowledge and skill level
- Ability to coordinate and lead initiatives and people
- Comfortable supporting, collaborating and presenting to the most senior levels of leadership and demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
- Comfortable with ambiguity while motivated to reduce its impact on the business
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment
- Creative thinker with analytical ability that is self-motivated
- Ability to comprehensively understand data and process elements, sources and relationships
- Advanced Excel – Pivot Tables, Grouping, Data Validation, Vlookup and Basic Macros
- Excel VBA or Tableau experience preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to work for a purpose driven organization that values the physical, emotional and spiritual health of their employees
- Flexible work environment with respect for work-life balance
- Competitive compensation, bonus, and long-term incentive plan